1. We had 29 people in attendance at our meeting on Sunday, October 12, 2014, including two guests.
2. Paige Prescott announced that due to her upcoming wedding and some family issues, she is no longer able to devote the time to the guild that she would like, so she is stepping down as guild President. Shelley Nielsen has moved from Vice President to President, and in keeping with the by-laws, the board asked Lorrie McKey to take over as Vice President; she has accepted. Many members expressed their appreciation to Paige for all she has done to start up CLMQG.
3. Treasurer’s Report: Bank balance information is provided at each meeting but will no longer be documented here due to the public nature of this website.
4. Upcoming Meetings:
- November 9: Material Girl Fabric Shop Presentation and Vending ~ 1 – 4 pm
- December 7: Holiday Party PLEASE NOTE: This is the first Sunday of the month ~ 12:30 at Village Squire ~ RSVP and $15.00 cash or check due by November 9th.
- January 2015 ~ date and location to be determined, we are looking into possibly having an off-site sewing day, may be on a Saturday
5. Committee Update:
- Swap Committee: If you would like to participate in the swap at the Holiday Party on December 7th, you can either make a small item (such as a pin cushion, pouch, or mug rug) OR buy a sewing notion (such as pins, ruler, or fabric under $10). Wrap your gift or use a gift bag with a “from” tag on the inside so the recipient knows who the gift is from. Do not put your name on the outside of the gift. Bring your gift to the December party. There is no need to sign up for this swap.
- Bees: The three bees are staying active. Email Anuschka if you are interested in joining one of the bees or if you would like to start a new bee: anuschkamatthews (at) hotmail (dot) com.
- Workshop Committee: We are still looking for a new chairperson to help the board with organizing and planning next year’s workshops and programs. If you are interested in helping with this committee, please email us at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Sewcial Committee:
- Cathy thanked people who brought treats today. She had a signup sheet for the next several meetings.
- Cathy and her committee are planning our Holiday Party for December 7th. This meeting will be held at Village Squire at 12:30.
- We will be playing a game at the Holiday Party, so each person should bring 25 strips of fabric, cut 2 ½ inches wide by 42 inches long. These strips could all be the same fabric, but that is not necessary.
- Members who attend the party are asked to bring some cookies for dessert.
- Let Cathy know if you want to help plan this fun event! Email her at cathyr330 (at) comcast (dot) net.
- Sale Table Committee: Since the guild has experienced some changes to the Executive Board, we are postponing the sale table until the new year.
- Charity Committee:
- Four quilts have been donated to our new charity, Susan G. Komen. Kelly has been in contact with Centegra to arrange donating the quilts through local surgeons. Quilts should be a minimum of 45” X 60”. There are no color parameters, but please use 100% cotton fabric. Kelly will be photographing the quilts that are donated to put into a scrapbook for the guild. Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness, make sure you have scheduled your annual mammogram!
- Barb announced that she collected 77 stockings from our guild. These stockings will be filled by another group and sent to active military members who are stationed overseas. Barb read a note from the Homemakers group thanking our guild for our donation. The Homemakers group has 400 stockings to deliver to our military!
6. Upcoming Quilt Shows:
- October 25-26, Lake County NLCQG Show, Round Lake Beach, IL
- October 30-November 2, IQF Houston, TX
- November 20-22, Original Quilt & Sewing Expo, Tinley Park, IL
- February 19 – 22, 2015, QuiltCon 2015 in Austin, TX. Online registration and quilt entry are now available at quiltcon.com.
- March 26 – 28, 2015, IQF Chicago at the Rosemont Convention Center in Rosemont, IL
7. New Business:
- We used guild funds to purchase a rolling magnet to help with our pin problem. We are also asking everyone to count how many pins you bring to each meeting and make sure you have the same number when you leave.
- Suggestions for 2015 programs are welcome via email or discussion after the meeting. Email us at crystallakemqg (at) gmail (dot) com.
- MQG membership in 2015: A post will be published soon on this topic. Please respond to the post via email if you have thoughts or input to this discussion topic.
8. Several members brought quilts for show and tell.
9. Holiday Gift Workshops:
- Marge Snyder – Christmas Stocking
- Tricia Baldwin – Microwave Bowl Holder
- Ann Keck – Journal Cover
- Lorrie McKey – Clutch purse
10. Sew in
Recorded by Jill Smalley, Secretary